The Rocket League Championship Series (RLCS) 2022-23 Season is almost here! Teams from all over the globe are set to compete for their share of the $6,000,000 prize pool and a shot at glory at the Rocket League World Championship.
There's a lot to go over before we hit the gas on the upcoming season, so let's jump right into it!
Refining the RLCS Format
The RLCS 2021-22 Season was the biggest RLCS season yet. The name of the game for the RLCS 2022-23 Season is refinement and giving players and fans year-over-year stability. Check out what we've kept and what's new:
- The season is divided into Fall, Winter, and Spring Splits.
- Every Split has three Regional Events. Regional Event names are now standardized and are an Open, a Cup, and an Invitational (Example: Fall Open, Fall Cup, and Fall Invitational).
- The Fall Open will have fully Open Qualifiers to fill the 16 available slots.
- For the Winter and Spring Opens, the top eight in overall points will auto-qualify and the remaining eight slots will be filled by Open Qualifiers.
- Each Cup will have eight teams qualified via overall season points, and eight additional teams will qualify via Open Qualifiers.
- Each Invitational will field that region's top 16 teams in total RLCS points.
- Every Split is capped with an in-person, 16-team International Major.
- The invite structure of Majors remains the same.
- Each Split features a different format.
- Teams earn points during Regional Events and International Majors to qualify for the Rocket League World Championship.
- The amount of points earned at International Majors remains heavily weighted over Regional Events.
- Points have been adjusted to have lower totals.
- To give an idea of the change, the max amount of points a team can earn (a perfect run through Regional Events and International Majors) is 300, versus 5262 last season.
- Asia-Pacific North and Asia-Pacific South have been combined into a single Asia-Pacific (APAC) RLCS Region.
- A full ruleset will be released soon and will be found here.
In the Fall Split, a 16-team Swiss Stage will feed into an eight-team, Single-Elimination Bracket. For the Winter Split, four groups of four battle it out in a Round-Robin Group Stage to qualify for the 12-team, Single-Elimination Bracket. In the Spring Split, teams fight through a 16-team, Double-Elimination Bracket. The Rocket League World Championship format and qualification remain unchanged (APAC will still have two slots, but qualify from a single Regional League).
Roster Lock & Sign-Ups
For the upcoming Fall Split, here are the roster lock dates:
APAC, MENA, NA, and OCE: September 25 by 11:59 p.m. local time.
EU, SAM, SSA: October 3 by 11:59 p.m. local time.
Sign-ups for the RLCS 2022-23 Season will be live on Thursday, September 22 at 10 a.m. PT (5 p.m. UTC)! Assemble your roster, sign up for your region's events, and get ready to compete against the best Rocket League players on the planet. No pressure!
Broadcast Information and Key Dates
If you're looking for where you can catch your favorite team tear up the field, you can find the broadcast info for each RLCS Region here:
APAC: Twitch at 7 p.m. JST (3 a.m. PT)
EU: Twitch, YouTube at 3 p.m. UTC (8 a.m. PT)
NA: Twitch, YouTube at 10 a.m. PT (5 p.m. UTC)
MENA: Twitch at 6 p.m. KSA (8 a.m. PT)
OCE: Twitch at 5 p.m. AEDT (11 p.m. PT)
SAM: Twitch at 4 p.m. BRT (12 p.m. PT)
SSA: 5 p.m. SAST (8 a.m. PT) - Twitch channel to be shared later
The RLCS 2022-23 Season is about to leave the garage and speed onto the pitch, here are the key dates you need to know (keep in mind all dates are subject to change):
- Asia-Pacific (APAC): October 8-9
- Europe (EU), Oceania (OCE), South America (SAM), and Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA): October 14-16
- Middle-East & North Africa (MENA): October 6-8
- North America (NA): October 7-9
- APAC: October 22-23
- EU, OCE, SAM, and SSA: October 28-30
- MENA: October 20-22
- NA: October 21-23
- APAC: November 5-6
- EU, OCE, and SSA: November 11-13
- MENA: November 3-5
- NA and SAM: November 4-6
- December 8-11
- December 13, 2022 - January 8, 2023
- APAC: January 28-29
- EU, SAM, and SSA: January 27-29
- MENA: February 2-4
- NA and OCE: February 3-5
- APAC: February 11-12
- EU, SAM, and SSA: February 10-12
- MENA: February 16-18
- NA and OCE: February 17-19
- APAC: February 25-26
- EU, SAM, and SSA: February 24-26
- MENA: March 2-4
- NA and OCE: March 3-5
- April 6-9
- April 11-24
- APAC: May 13-14
- EU, SAM, and SSA: May 12-14
- MENA: May 4-6
- NA and OCE: May 5-7
- APAC: May 27-28
- EU, SAM, and SSA: May 26-28
- MENA: May 18-20
- NA and OCE: May 19-21
- APAC: June 10-11
- EU, SAM, and SSA: June 9-11
- MENA: June 1-3
- NA and OCE: June 2-4
- July 6-9
- August 4-6
- August 8-13
More to Come
We're just getting started with the RLCS 2022-23 Season and we can't wait to kick it all off on October 7! There's more news including details on our live Majors and World Championship, content, and more coming your way throughout the whole season (keep your eyes peeled in the upcoming weeks). We'll see you on gameday!